Saturday, May 25, 2013

Long Weekend--scissor play time!!!

So, it's a nice long 3 day weekend, I could sleep in, nothing pressing to do on my schedule today, but when my husband got up for work this morning at 4:00 for some reason I decided it was time to get up too!!!  Work days I sleep until the last possible moment, weekends I'm up with the sun! As you can see from my lack of blogging lately I have not been spending nearly enough time being creative...

The other day I came across this fun blog  http://blog.ribboncarousel.com and they do a card challenge each month using ribbon...this month's theme is "Celebrations" which is what we are doing with my daughter's college graduation coming up in June and I needed to make her a card -- here is what I made.


I LOVE going 'shopping' in my craft room and finding treasures I forgot I had!! I found this cute patterned paper and then dug around in boxes and cupboards and came up with the rest of the coordinating embellishments.

The sentiment was stamped on a piece of acetate with black StazOn ink. I love the look of acetate over patterned paper. The photo does not do it justice, trust me!!

Here is the little pile I put together for this card:

I've got a few more hours until Aaron is home from work today, I think I'll do some more 'craft room shopping' and see what else I can make today.



No comments:

Post a Comment